Saturday, 7 April 2012

You have to crawl before you can walk



How did we get here? 
Well, let me take you back and give some insight into how we got here. 
Where is here?  


Here is on the path to Ironmnan!  




Around 2010 I began boxing. I was enjoying it and it was providing a great high intensity workout. Something that I needed at the time. 
Each day I was there I would spend a portion of the time on the treadmill.  As time progressed I started to feel really good and my distances and times improved. 
Boxing slowly took a backseat as I found myself visiting just to use the treadmill.
This continued for a few months and then a fun run caught my eye. 


Never having participated in one, I decided to raise the bar and join up. It was the Melbourne City2Bay. A 10km fun run that I would elect to raise funds for "Kids with Cancer" in. 


The run went great and it was an amazing feeling to cross the line in front of my Mum.
It was also a special feeling to see so many people participating and the pain on their faces, albeit battling on and determined to finish.
A lot of them had something to prove, a lot of them had something in their hearts and minds pushing them to the line.
Most were running for charities to raise money for a fund close to their hearts.  


No records were broken on that day but I had set a benchmark, a personal best, and now all I wanted to do was improve and better that.


I came away looking forward to getting home and finding another event to run in. 


Next Stop - Run for the Kids


ironmanintraining :)










No comments:

Post a Comment