Not long after the The Age Run in July I invested in my first bike.
The rest is history.
I spent the next 2 months exploring Melbourne along the tracks and trails. Slowly building endurance and enjoying the hidden gems tucked away in the parks and gardens.
Day by day trying to go further and quicker. It was another fatigue and pain to acclimatise to and I slowly got used to the climbs and speedy straights. The legs were feeling strong.
Next thing I knew, I had a collection of cycling knicks and jerseys (including my favourite team livestrong set) and a whole bunch of gadgets.
I was definitely looking the part.
It was only around 3 months of pushing the limits of my bike that I was looking for more speed, comfort and aero. I couldn't resist and purchased myself an early Christmas present.
It was only an entry level road bike but still a valuable upgrade.
Again I spent months on end riding and pushing the limits strengthening my legs and cardio.
It was providing new experiences as I would spend days on the trails in the sun, often stopping off halfway for lunch.
What a great way to spend the day!
I got my fiancée a bike for her birthday and she accompanied me when she could.
My bike dealer was getting a bit of business! Ha!
Again slowly picking up a few gadgets for the new bike, I began trying new things. The most entertaining being the clipless pedals that resulted in two falls in 5 minutes as I got used to them. Hey no pain, no gain right?
Currently clogging the house are three bikes, a wind trainer, a bike stand and an exercise bike.
Not sure where I'm going to fit this speed concept I'm looking at getting towards the end of the year!





No comments:
Post a Comment