Wednesday, 25 April 2012

A fair assessment

The days after the triathlon I was appreciating a rest from training and the opportunity to sit down and really think about the next step. 
All while proudly recalling and soaking in the events of the past 13 months in my mind. 
It was nice to remember the feelings and emotions that came with the achievements, and describing it to friends and family trying to encourage them to join in on the fun and find out for themselves.
It can be difficult to explain the feelings that come with participating in one of these events. 


Something you wish you could share, but everybody has his or her own goals and path to follow.


I knew I needed to work on several things before the next race. There were 3 races left in the series but it was beginning to look like I couldn't make them due to other commitments. A little disappointing but yet again, I had a test run and now was keen to tweak my training to improve for next time.


I had to look for the positives and took aim at structuring a program to get me prime for next season starting in November. Not wanting to stay idle and lose momentum or progression, I needed to look ahead and plan. 
This would keep me motivated and encourage me to keep putting in the hard yards and long training sessions.


For me everything is about motivation. 
I don't lack it, but I think the key is to always have something to look towards. This commitment will require you to continuously do something to get to that point.
It's a simple theory, but very effective.


People who are not motivated possibly have no reason to be motivated. 
No goals perhaps? 


Most people may come home from work and do not feel like doing anything physical. 
I like to put myself in a position where I have no choice.
First key is to go home and don't sit down. 
Don't stop moving. 
Get changed and get out for a run or ride. 
Before you know it you are finished and can enjoy the rest of the evening a little more content knowing today was a day you took a step in the right direction.
Develop a mentality of each time I do this,


I improve my life and my body. 


I get closer to my goal. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment