So here I was running and cycling away and only missing one discipline, the swim.
I think it was not long after watching Craig "Crowie" Alexander win his third Championship at Kona that I thought, well I can do two out of three comfortably, why don't I give triathlon a try. It definitely ignited something inside of me. A new goal!
I remember walking into a room and saying to Natalie, "I'm going swimming in the morning". She was surprised. I was surprised. I had to be at work by 730am, which usually meant getting up at 6am to get ready. That was a task in itself though I was adamant I was going swimming so off we went to pick up some essentials.
The first morning was great and I sprang out of bed and hit the local pool at 5am.
It was so refreshing and felt good to see how my fitness from the other two disciplines would transfer to the pool. A nice hot shower afterwards and the long journey to work followed though it was different. It even made the peak hour traffic more tolerable and seemed to do wonders for patience. It was such a great way to start the morning.
It was so great that after work that day I went back to the pool and joined up.
Since then I have spent 3-4 mornings a week in the pool honing my skills. Recently moving to the outdoor pool for the nice icy wake up every morning. Don't knock it until you have tried it!
Also recently becoming a member at Brighton sea baths, I visit to test my new wetsuits and strengthen my ocean water swimming. A Great way to spend a Sunday morning, followed by a strong coffee and a bite in the restaurant and cafe overlooking the baths. Highly recommended!




No comments:
Post a Comment