The next race on the calendar was Race 3 back at Elwood. This day presented much better conditions the Race 2 and would be the perfect day for a race.
My highlight for the day was the swim. This was the race were I finally felt at complete ease in the water. With the elements and obstacles I had finally found a peace and connection with the water. I felt I could swim all day and felt relaxed and comfortable. I wasn't anticipating the end, rather appreciating the beauty of open water swimming. I was coming along and more of a complete triathlete.
For the second race in a row I pulled a nice steady bike leg but a touch slower than the last. The conditions were better on the roads with less wind but didn't quite have the legs to push through.
I came into the run and repeated the same course as the previous race in Elwood. I was looking forward to finish and would eventually lose time on the previous race result but was happy to coast along relaxed and content that I had that achievement in the water.
Next up was the Olympic distance race in Sandringham.
However it was time to put my love on hold for my other love, Nat. With only a few weeks left until the wedding it was time to get everything organised and put the last final efforts into creating a beautiful day.
Until next time...
~keep chasing your dreams








No comments:
Post a Comment